Grameen American and Whole Planet Foundation
How might we create a compelling fundraising campaign to share the impact Grameen America is making in the lives of women entrepreneurs, their families and communities?
Services: Advisory and Strategic Planning, Stakeholder Engagement, Communication and Media Design, Production.
Grameen America is one of the largest micro-finance institutions in the United States. They fight poverty and transform communities in the United States by helping women build small businesses and create better lives for their families. With the fiscal year drawing to a close, Grameen was preparing to develop fundraising materials to attract individual and institutional investors. Their fundraising and marketing teams needed a compelling storytelling campaign to share the powerful impact Grameen microloans are creating in the lives of women, their families, and their communities.
Develop a series of real stories from women who have been transformed by their Grameen loan to inspire and motivate investors to continue and increase their annual giving to Grameen.
- Design and facilitate a creative workshop with Grameen America's national marketing and development teams to co-create the campaign narrative, finding essential themes that mattered most to the story Grameen wanted to tell.
- Worked directly with one of Grameen's local branches to surface potential women whose stories could be featured in the campaign.
- Interview over 20 women to find the best story to feature in the short film.
- Direct and produce the campaign, both video and photography assets.
- Results: a powerful storytelling campaign showing a diverse group of Grameen women who have been transformed not just by the loans they have received but also by the community they have found with each other in Grameen. The creative assets developed in this campaign were utilized in direct fundraising appeals, Grameen's annual report, as well as web, social media and email.